Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £65.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Old Posting House

Address: Deanscales, Cockermouth, CA13 0SL

Hotel Description

A 400-year-old coaching inn, just 3.6 miles from Cockermouth, the Old Posting House offers traditional bed and breakfast accommodation, views of the Fells, free Wi-Fi and free on-site parking. The rooms feature flat-screen TVs and king-size beds. All rooms have an en suite bathroom with a shower. The restaurant serves traditional British dishes, including a full roast Sunday lunch. The bar serves real ales and local beers as well as wines and spirits. Period features including the old post boxes and beamed ceilings have been carefully preserved. The residents lounge has a large flat-screen TV and information about local walks for walkers of all abilities is offered at reception. The Old Posting House guest house is 10 minutes from Lowes Water and 25 minutes from Keswick and Derwent Water. The seaside is a 20-minute drive from the inn.

Our Facilities

  • Disabled Facilities
  • Restaurant
  • Bar

Rooms & Online Bookings - Old Posting House

Hotel Reviews - Old Posting House

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Old Posting House

Isel Hall - Historical Houses

Isel Hall - Historical Houses

Distance 6.03 miles (9.65 km)
The Elizabethan Range and fortified Pele Tower of Isel Hall dominates the landscape in its magical setting above the River Derwent. From the formal gardens the ground drops down to the river and offers views of the 11th Century Church and Skiddaw. Continuously inhabited since Norman times it passed from its original occupiers, the Engane family, their heirs and successors by family connections to the present owner. In Elizabethan times they were the Leighs and from 1573-1986 the Lawson family inherited. The last male heir of that family, Sir Wilfred Lawson, died in 1936 when it passed to his nephew, Hilton, and then to Hilton's cousin Mrs Margaret Austen Leigh, who died in 1986 and left it to the present owner.