Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £82.50

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Ouse Bridge House

Address: Bassenthwaite Lake, Bassenthwaite, CA13 9YD

Hotel Description

Ouse Bridge House is an award-winning guest house on the shores of Bassenthwait Lake. Most rooms have excellent views over the lake and Skiddaw Mountain, and offer free Wi-Fi. All rooms at Ouse Bridge House have an en suite bathroom, TV, DVD player and tea and coffee facilities. Additionally, there is car parking, bicycle storage and a residents’ lounge with licensed bar. A Cumbrian-style English breakfast makes use of local produce. Evening meals are also available, except in the summer, and an outdoor terrace is ideal for drinks while enjoying the stunning Lake District views. The guest house is close to local towns, with Cockermouth a 10-minute drive away. Keswick is 12 minutes away, and this market town is particularly popular with visitors to the area.

Our Facilities

  • Bar

Rooms & Online Bookings - Ouse Bridge House

Hotel Reviews - Ouse Bridge House

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Ouse Bridge House

Isel Hall - Historical Houses

Isel Hall - Historical Houses

Distance 2.84 miles (4.55 km)
The Elizabethan Range and fortified Pele Tower of Isel Hall dominates the landscape in its magical setting above the River Derwent. From the formal gardens the ground drops down to the river and offers views of the 11th Century Church and Skiddaw. Continuously inhabited since Norman times it passed from its original occupiers, the Engane family, their heirs and successors by family connections to the present owner. In Elizabethan times they were the Leighs and from 1573-1986 the Lawson family inherited. The last male heir of that family, Sir Wilfred Lawson, died in 1936 when it passed to his nephew, Hilton, and then to Hilton's cousin Mrs Margaret Austen Leigh, who died in 1986 and left it to the present owner.